Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
How Rediculous Is This!
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
tetrabarb
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.17(Wed)18:37    Post subject: How Rediculous Is This! Reply with quote

I don't understand how this would even work!?! I find this to be a very silly idea for fish! Rolling Eyes Shocked Confused

Heres the website where they sell it:
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/product/productInfo.web?infoParam.mode=1&infoParam.itemKey=215700

Heres a pic:

Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.17(Wed)19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was explained in another post. Imagine that U shape piece was separate and put upside down in the U shape. then filled with water. if you seal the 2 end and inverted and put the 2 end underwater to remove the seal, then put right side up, the water won't leak out. You just need to secure it to make sure that column is raised out of water. That and the water level won't dip below the 2 opening or water will flow out. You can see how it work using a glass. Dip the glass underwater and let out some gas inside so water flow into the glass half way. Raise the glass up a bit and you'll see water will rise with it. As long as the rim doesn't go out of the water.
sepgundamrg
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.17(Wed)21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they are great if you have 2 tanks, you can use it as a bridge like theese.

http://knuttz.net/hosted_pages/Home-Aquarium-20061031
Liszie
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.01.17(Wed)23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sepgundamrg-
That's crazy cool! I didn't even think the fish would go in them- if I was a fish I'd be scared out of my mind of something like that. Nowhere to go if a predator appears... not that it would, but fish are probably thinking of that sort of thing.
Wouldn't it be so neat to have a whole bunch of tanks in your house and connect them like that, and then have like a huge refugium for the whole deal in the laundry room or someplace else out of the way, so you'd only have to do one big water change per week!
In the long ones though, how to they clean them and keep them so algae free? Also, how do they get water movement in there?
Liszie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.17(Wed)23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not take credit for that link someone posted a topic called odd aquariums and had that link. I read a lot about them after that though. The water goes through there as it filters regularly. You simply put the intake of your filter(outside canister in this instance) in one aquarium, and the putpu in the other it causes the water to move through the water bridge and cleans both tanks. You clean it by either disassembling the whole thing which would be a lot of effort, or you get some algae eating fish/snails. Depending on what you get they should keep the bridge very clean. The last option for cleaning would be to create something like the magnetic pads that scrub your tank glass, only make it curved so it can fit right.
Liszie
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.01.18(Thu)0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's wild... man if only I was the CEO of some big corporation instead of a florist.
Wink
Liszie
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: