Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
black spot?!?
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
tetrabarb
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.14(Sun)20:52    Post subject: black spot?!? Reply with quote

one of my harlequin rasboras has at least 3 tiny black spots on his body (one on tail, one on body, one around its head) the spots are hardly bigger than this . period

is it black spot? I tried to research it best I could but this is all I found(click on the black spot link) Is there anything else it could be? I wish I could give you a picture but theres no way I could get a picture of one of those and theres no way my camera would focus on something that small. Please help! Look at my profile if you want to know what else is in its tank.

Also if I fed it a parasite food (which is what the link suggested) would it harm my botia kubotai(burmese border loach)?
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.15(Mon)9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know anything about this? have you had it on your fish before and how do you treat it?!?
Moderators

PostPosted: 2007.01.15(Mon)10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black spot is very rare in tanks compared to ponds, as it either needs birds (Going from memory here) or some other second party to carry on the lifecycle.

I think if I remember rightly, if the fish do have black spot, without the other host involved, it will not carry on to more fish.

I will see what I can find in some of my old books.

Bob
tetrabarb
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.15(Mon)15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks...

I read somewhere else and it reccomends CopperSafe.

It says to remove snails from the aquarium, which I can easily do, but it also says it may affect plants. Has any one used this with plants before? Do you think it could really hurt the plants?
Also I have 2 burmese border loaches (botia kubotai) Could this medication hurt them considering they are sensative to some meds???!!!
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: