Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Ahhh! Fish Cruelty? Totally disgusting stuff...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
fiffy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.15(Mon)14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I woulda guessed it was a mudskipper also. just......not my thing food wise.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.17(Wed)16:24    Post subject: Mudskippers Reply with quote

It's a mudskipper sushi. The purple thing in the middle of the rice are plums.

Ernie
Moderators

PostPosted: 2007.01.17(Wed)18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a great fish eater (Don't like it much unless it is traditional British fish and chips). But when I do I head off to the rocks, cast out and hopefully catch one or two, I then kill them, I also cook them, but that's a cultural thing (Or maybe self preservation, read on).

But for all you Sushi fans out there, be aware that the Japanese have the worlds highest incidence of Intestinal worms in the world.

We are talking real big tape worms here. Most fish carry a few worms, they normally go through a very interesting lifecycle.

Worm is in fish, fish gets eaten by Seal, Dolphin, various Whales etc. The predator then gets large intestinal worm. When the predator has a Cr*p, the fish swim along and eat the stuff, and the cycle goes on.

Guess who replaces the predator, and is foolish enough to eat large amounts of uncooked fish.

Maybe there is some justice in the world for their continued hunting of Whales Wink

Bob
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: