Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
german blue rams
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
invertmaniac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.13(Sat)10:52    Post subject: german blue rams Reply with quote

I posted another forum seeing if a angel or betta would be better for my tank, they both wouldn't. now, I've seen a lot of blue rams in stores and was wondering how to care for them. they say they're tank raised, so does this make them any hardier? my tanks pretty clean(I have a clam and 2 fan shrimp), but I barely do water changes. would they be able to live with serpae's, mine aren't agressive but I've heard they can be.
fishlover888
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.13(Sat)11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most rams are tank bred these days. They need clean acdic water, a bit high water temp too. They can defend themselves. Not really agreesive to other fish. They will claim a space in the thank as their own and chase anyone getting into their space.

Thay are pefect for my discus tank. The tank is set at pH 6.5, 86 F with twice weekly water changes. Since you don't do that much water changes, I'm not sure if they will be OK in your tank or not. Maybe you can give a try for a pair. I'm not sure your tank water parms will be good for them or not.
Cathy G
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.01.13(Sat)18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO, they will not live long in your tank. They absolutely need clean water, even nitrates over 20 effects their health. Healthy rams usually require at least 1 50% water change per week...
Cathy
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: