Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
I have ich and cleaner shrimp don't seem to care?
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Reply to topic   Post new topic
aerinah
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.12(Fri)10:15    Post subject: I have ich and cleaner shrimp don't seem to care? Reply with quote

I have 3 cleaner shrimps in my 125 gallon reef tank, and I am always having one fish or another come down with ick (white spot?) from time to time and the cleaner shrimps don't seem to give a darn about it? I've always heard that they will keep the parasites picked off of the fish, why won't mine do it? What am I doing wrong? Any help/input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Aerinah Shocked
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2007.01.12(Fri)12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbyists are often surprised when various wrasses and shrimps do not rid their fish of all parasites. In the small confines of an aquarium, your shrimp are no match for the growing numbers of cryptocaryon, and you will need to remove all of your fish and treat them in quarantine or risk losing them all, as the ich will eventually mulitply to the point where it becomes deadly to them. You need to leave the inverts in the display and let it run fallow (no fish) for a month which will starve the parasites.

Please see my detailed reply to this post:
http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=40586
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: