Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
a question on my breeding discus love triangle
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
patarick
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.09(Tue)2:58    Post subject: a question on my breeding discus love triangle Reply with quote

we have a breeding pair of discus (red turk (male) and a blue turk(famale)) in are 1200ltr tank with 8 discus, this is are first breeding pair. The blue turk was bought with another discus, a red rose discus when they were 8 months old, these two discus had been together for a long time. They had a bond which people said were a breeding pair but nothing happened between the two. We then bought an adult red turk (the above mentioned) and breeding happened (with the blue turk) within a month or two, now on there 4th spawn the red rose has got exteremly jelouse and has tried to muscle itself in and be with the male (red turk), in the proses there is a lot of scales of both the blue turk and the red rose, this we are treating.
So my q's is. Is this normal for discus to get jelouse, do they tend to lose mates and make new ones, and is there a way to overcome it with out losing fish,selling fish. They are all very good specimens of there kind.
Any help from the discus people would be very helpfull
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: