Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
User Icon How-to?
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
romcarlo
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.08(Mon)0:07    Post subject: User Icon How-to? Reply with quote

Hey, new here! Call me technologically impaired (actually, don't...it's too close to the truth...), but I can't figure out how to get a user icon or picture on my posts. Advice would be appreciated.
ceci9293
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2007.01.08(Mon)1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem! These forums are so confusing at first... Luckily, avatars and images aren't too tricky. Smile

To add an avatar:
- At the top of the page, under the ad banner, there's a double row of forum functions in blue text. Click where it says "Profile." You can customize your individual information there.
- The last field at the very bottom, "Avatar Control Panel," is what you're looking for. You can either choose from the gallery of available icons or use your own.
- If you want to use your own, it has to be on your own website or hosted at someplace like Flickr, Photobucket, etc. Just put the complete URL in the text box.

To put an image into a post:
- When you're posting, there is a row of buttons under the Subject text box. Click the "Img" button.
- Again, using only a photo that you're hosting somewhere, paste in the complete URL, then click the "Img" button again. And that's it!

Hope that helps. If I was unclear, ask again and I (or someone else) can try again. Smile
romcarlo
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.09(Tue)0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I realized after I posted it that I had put nit in the wrong forum by mistake, and then it wouldn't let me reply or delete it, so I'm glad someone moved it. I'll use your suggestions
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: