Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
tank shapes
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
big dee
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.08(Mon)4:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

close to $500 nzd. oops seems I might have gone a bit nutty. I am currently sitting on $1000 australian dollars(yet another kiwi stranded in aussie) and not even a clue as to where the money for a fish is coming from there will be lots of overtime not too far away!
Angela G.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.08(Mon)12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and from my comment before about that LPS, you need a tank wide enough so that your fish can freely turn (bearing in mind any possible aquascaping also) - I dunno about as a health factor - but it'd certainly be nicer for the fish to be able to easily perform turning circles, etc

I don't have the problem with the fish turning around. All of mine are fairly small, (Gold bards, harlequin rasboras, dwarf gourami, SAEs, and a yo yo loach) but I can definitely see it being a problem with larger fish like full grown Angels, etc. As I said before my main problem is trying to incorporate things into the tank for aesthetic purposes, like driftwood and plants.
fishy me
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.08(Mon)15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny how topics can change.

Tank sizes, to fish in small tank, back to tank sizes, then to how much we spend on our tanks, and now I'm talking about topics. But now that we're talking about it (or were talking about it)...

I agree with msta about big fish in small tanks, yesterday I saw an arrowana that was more than a foot in a tank no bigger than a 20 g.
big dee
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.08(Mon)17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be blessed! the 2 aquarium places I give half my mortgage to every month have awesome displays,healthy fish, and only deal in fish and their products and are about 200m apart! my heart goes out to those of you who can only use they local pet shop as that is all you have

chin up guys it may one day rain fish!!

dee
msta
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.08(Mon)20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess an evolving thread makes for a more interesting read then.

it'd be nice to have a large local fish shop - but in a 'small' city (approx 450,000 I think) and small country (approx 4.1million) there isnt a lot of chance for that.

limited variety of fish, accessories, tanks - or they cost more/too much - or at least for my budget Razz hehe
fishy me
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.08(Mon)20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in a city with about 100,000 so I have to go to the next city to find an all fish store. I don't mind much because its a really good store.
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: