Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
How many to add at once?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
thewingnut13
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.05(Fri)20:34    Post subject: How many to add at once? Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I have a cycled 20 Gallon tank with 5 Zebra Danios and 5 Bloodfin Tetras. I'm going to add 6 Pepperd Corys. I didn't know if I could add all 6 at once or add 3 then like a week or two later add the other 3?
Thanks for your help.
richiestang_78
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.06(Sat)15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

First congrats on the cycle but in the future try the fishless way when cycling a tank. And I would do that, add 3, wait a week and add 3 more.
DF Bobo
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.01.06(Sat)15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

since cories are small fish, I think adding all six at once would be okay, but it may be better to do it 3 per week for 2 weeks to let the bacteria keep up with the bio-load, especially since tanks cycled with fish are a bit less stable.

Dusko
Moderators

PostPosted: 2007.01.07(Sun)15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use live bacteria cultures like Biospira or Amtras pro-cult or Aquatic Nature's 2 in 1 Bio-bacter, you can feel free to add 10 small fish (that grows no bigger than 5 cm) at once out of my experience. I am especially satisfied with the Aquatic Nature's Bio Bacter. http://www.aquatic-nature.be/site2/
Works like charm Very Happy
Hey people, with those new bacteria products we don't have to go through all this cycling confusion anymore, but it does help if we know a bit about the nitrogen cycle, just to understand how an Eco-system is establishing it self.
NOTE; not all bacteria products are good, so do a wide research before introducing fish.

Kind regards, Dusko.
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: