Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Can I get fast help? Transferring Tanks
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
rainbowbrat23
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.04(Thu)12:36    Post subject: Can I get fast help? Transferring Tanks Reply with quote

I just got a 35 gallon tank, and want to add fishes to it with my daughters Betta. Should I add the new fish first, then the betta (his name is Bate BTW) or should I add him firest then the fish?

Do you think it would be OK to add Bate to a community tank after being alone in the 10 gallon for 6 months?

How should I clean the new tank? (35 gallon) I bought from some guy off craigslist and it still has rocks and water in it. He used it as a tropical tank.
DF Bobo
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.01.04(Thu)13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

it may be better for the betta to go in first since the other fish may want to nip his fins and if he's already established, then it won't be as abd since he's already settled in. I think bate would still be okay in a community tank.

rainbowbrat23
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.04(Thu)14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks!!

I didn't know which to do first...I might just leave him alone in the 35 gallon.....I dunno!!
lenoirj
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.04(Thu)16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently put my betta in my 10G with some cherry barbs and they are getting along "swimmingly"! He had never been around other fish until then, just a couple of ghost shrimp and the shrimp would actually chase him around. Just watch him closely and if you see any aggression from anyone then you probably need to rethink your tank stocking.

Disclaimer: Also, keep in mind, I AM NOT AN EXPERT! I am only going on my very limited experience. But from what I've been learning on this site, bettas can live peacefully with a lot of different other fish.

Happy fishkeeping!
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: