Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
java fern??
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
cherrybarb06
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.03(Wed)14:49    Post subject: java fern?? Reply with quote

I just set up my new tank and I added a java fern. I'm excited to see it grow and I've heard a lot of good things about it. I was looking at the plant earlier and noticed some brown spots on it. Is this normal. I don't want the plant to die. How can I make it grow large and reproduce fast.
Cinder
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.03(Wed)15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Java Ferns are generally very easy to get growing. I have the most low light tank you can have (in both my tanks) and my Java Ferns are doing great. I have some planted in the gravel substrate and some on wood. It seems to grow just fine in both places. The ones in the substrate actually have far more baby runners than the ones on the wood. They don't grow fast but they do continue growing.
I also get leaves with brown spots off and on. I just cut those leaves out and let new ones keep growing. I've been able to transplant my baby runners between the two tanks and keep them growing. I only use fertilizer once a month (liquid) and don't have CO2. My tanks are as low tech as they get!
Good luck.
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: