Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Algae Problem....help!
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
dan75
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.02(Tue)19:28    Post subject: Algae Problem....help! Reply with quote

I have been fighting this algae for a while not and so far I have not been able to get rid of it. I'm so tired of lookink at the plants covered on this slimy coat.

I have even considerd to take this tank apart to start from scratch again....Any advice on how to eliminate this problem is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
cheers
supamii
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.02(Tue)20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once decided to "start over". Sure it was fun to see the tank go through its early stages with little to no algae, but everything came back... especially BGA- because I made all the same mistakes again!

there was a recent discussion about BGA::
http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=40047

I now have BGA under control =), all it took was 2 black-outs and an order to gregwatson.com for fertilizers (and test kits, but now I have an idea of how much to dose so I don't test extensively).
bobfish
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.02(Tue)20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey
OK first thing is that is not algae but bateria. all you do is buy some Em. erythromycin aquarium pharmaceuticals makes it. first day dose 2.5ml for every 40 gallon same for second day then on tird do a 50% water change to get rid of all the dead green slime. then dose one last time for good measure and thats it. don't to a blackout it isint good for the plants. just follow thoses instructions and all will be well. if you can get erythromycin right away try directing water flow towards the area that will usualy retard its growth. DO not remove it with you fingers resist the temptation. by doing that your just spreading it throughout your tank at wicth point I find I grows faster. good luck and let me know how it goes.
110 watts power compacts
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: