Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
compatibility
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
benny_ralliart
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.02(Tue)15:34    Post subject: compatibility Reply with quote

Just wondering if there are other kinds of fish I could add to my tank besids more tetras, Danios and rasboras. I already have a 2 neons and a white skirt and a black skirt tetra. Its a 20 gallon tank but divided in half because of my australian blue lobster. I'm jsut wondering if there are any other types of fish that would be compatible with my fish.
Also I'm wondering about what kinds of cleaner fish I could get to help clean the bottem of my tank.
Sorry about the questions, I'm a noob!
fishy me
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.02(Tue)16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the tank divided into two 10 gal. sides?

I'm not sure of this but I think maybe a few otos would be okay for algae eaters and shrimp (cherry or amano) would be okay for the bottom.
For fish you could try a betta (just 1 male or 1 female), maybe a couple of dwarf gouramis (1 male or 1 male 2 female), or a couple platies. You could also add more tetras as they like to be in schools. Say what you think you will add because you can only add so many fish. PS Don't put dwarf gourmis and bettas together. Hope this helped.
benny_ralliart
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.02(Tue)16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

its divided about 8 gallons on the lobster side and 12 gallons on hte fish side. I'm thinking about maybe some cardinal tetras or fancy guppys, or maybe somethin else I'm jsut not sure.
As for the algae eaters and shrimp, are they very benificial to have, like do they actually help clean the tank much or are they more jsut for show.
fishy me
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.02(Tue)16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may be okay for some cardinals. They are less hardy and they get bigger then neons. Guppies are probably okay too but remember, for every male get two females.

Otos are very good algae eaters as long as there is enough algae but they die easily so it is good to get a few (3-4). As for shrimp amano shrimp are also very good algae eaters but they are not very colourful. If it is colour you want go with cherry shrimp. I'm not sure if they are good algae eaters. Shrimp also eat leftover food keeping the ammonia down. Any other questions?
benny_ralliart
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.02(Tue)17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for your advice, if I get guppys I would only get females cause I don't want them to reproduce.
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: