Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
this a good skimmer and why?
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Reply to topic   Post new topic
ghandolph
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.31(Sun)14:54    Post subject: this a good skimmer and why? Reply with quote

I've been shopping for a skimmer and I'm not sure what to get I've read seaclone's are crap if u could comment on http://www.proteinskimmer.com/products/Urchin.htm and maybe give a list starting from say $400 - $100 dollars and give the best bang for the buck with pros and cons that would be great I currently don't have a sump yet but I've got a bunch of plastic on order and am going to grab a 10 gal.tank and make one very soon I have a 55 gal fowlr I know the 10 might be a bit small but I have limited under cabinet space of approx 22" l x 11"w x 18"h on both sides it has a weight bearing wall in the middle I'm going to try to extend the width to behind the tank so that the skimmer can have more H and stick up a bit behind the tank its open in the back and the stand sits about 5 - 6 inch away from the wall hope that makes sense to ya so in other words if all goes well the skimmer hight and extra hight to clean the cup shouldnt matter
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.12.31(Sun)15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Urchin on loan to one of my friends...power it with a Mag3 and it will easily skim your tank. He is using it on a 58 gallon sps dominated tank and it works great for him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: