Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Best Way to Mount Light?
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Gilligan
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.31(Sun)1:41    Post subject: Best Way to Mount Light? Reply with quote

Hi everyone. This is my first time on this board and it looks fantastic!

I recently bought a 65w compact fluorescent Aqualight by Coralife for my 29 gallon to get my planted tank kicked off of the ground. What is the best way to mount this light? Currently, I have the light on a Versa top, but I know that there are optional stands for them, the standard stands and the adjustable. Should I keep the light on the glass top, mount it above the glass top, or mount it without the glass top? Which stands do you all recommend?

I guess that this could be a matter of personal preference, with the glass top keeping out objects and keeping in fish etc. while the stands without the glass top would probably give more light I assume because it's not being reflected as much. Thanks everyone for your help!
Patricia Black
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.31(Sun)17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you get some answers on this because I need to know too.
NancyD
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.01(Mon)12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting 1 also to use over a glass top. From what I've read the adjustable legs can't be used with it but I think I'll get the clear legs so I'll be able to see if I take off the top off for any reason. Tank covers of some kind help keep fish from jumping & water from evaporating. I'd also worry about stuff falling in especially electrical things.
Nancy
Gilligan
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.01(Mon)14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about getting the clear legs as well to go with my glass cover for the evaporation and stuff going in or out of my tank. I agree that it will help with taking off the cover to make cleaning/organizing easier, but at the same time allow you to have a light shining in the tank while you work. I think that is what I'm going to go with. Thanks! Very Happy
jimmy campbell
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.06(Sat)0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 48" Coralife light with 4 65 watt bulbs on my 72 gal bowfront. I used the 4 clear legs but recently broke 2 legs while moving the light to another tank. I went to my LFS and bought the legs that pivot for 10$ more than the other legs I had. These legs let the light sit overtop of the tank and when you need to clean your tank all you do is flip the light up 110 degrees from the top of the tank and you can clean it without taking the light off. great product!!! they even have a mount that can hang the light from the celing.

these are the ones I bought
http://www.bigalsonline.ca/BigAlsCA/ctl3664/cp17945/si1320390/cl0/coralifeaqualightadjustablemountinglegs

These are the ones I had
http://www.bigalsonline.ca/BigAlsCA/ctl3664/cp17945/si1320387/cl0/coralifeaqualightmountinglegs
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: