Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Kribensis in this tank?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Reel BIG Fish
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.30(Sat)3:06    Post subject: Kribensis in this tank? Reply with quote

OK I was wondering whether a pair of kribensis could go in my 55G community,heavy planted tank.
I would be swapping them for the black mollys.
2 german blue rams
4 angelfish
3 pearl gouamis
1 bushynose catfish
3 black mollys
15 black neon tetras
Bob
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.12.30(Sat)4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kribs are aggressive fish if they start to breed and they will be in direct competion for space with your Rams.

How old are you Angels, four Angels in a 55 is also asking for trouble if any of them pair up to breed, they will try and kill off your other Angels, and any other smaller Cichlids (Rams and Kribs). The Gourami may well be attacked as well.

Bob
Reel BIG Fish
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.30(Sat)17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

my kribs arent that aggressive. they are breeding now and they are in a 30g with a gold gourami, black widows and sum corydoras. they don't even bother the corys to much. but my blue rams are my main concern coz they are my favourites. my angels are about 20-12cm and I've had them for about 6 months or so now, they have nearly doubled in size! there is one promonant male angel, he is pretty aggressive to all the others,he has out grown them(13cm or so) and is getting a lump on his head. if there is any pairing I will seperate them(buy another 55G or sumthin).

decided against putting the kribs in, any suggestions for other colourful fish?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: