Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Low Light Crypts
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
fishy me
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.29(Fri)11:29    Post subject: Low Light Crypts Reply with quote

I have a 29. gal with one 20 watt florecent tube in it. I got a book from the library that said that the lowest light crypts are affins, lutea, and walkier (don't know how to spell them). The problem is all the fish shops don't have those ones. All they have is willis and wenditti. I don't like the idea of ordering online, so would it be okay to use those ones? Any other popular crypts that will at least *survive* in a tank with 0.7 watts/gallon?
bgodwin1987
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.31(Sun)23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have brown wenditti in my 55 gallon tall tank and it only has 2 15 wt bulbs so I think you could get it too grow in your tank, mine dident do too well after I planted them but they recovered after about 3 weeks and they got pretty big.
fishy me
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.01(Mon)11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have to try a couple wenditti if I can't find the others. Anyone else have them in low light tanks?
NancyD
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.01(Mon)11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of crypts will do OK in low light so try one you like from the lfs. My best one is a generic petco crypt. Don't be surprised if it "melts" when you first plant it, they don't like change. Leave the roots alone & it should regrow in a week or 2.
Nancy
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: