Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
no ammonia (cycling)
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
cherrybarb06
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.29(Fri)9:41    Post subject: no ammonia (cycling) Reply with quote

I am starting a fishless cycle in my ten gallon tank. I am using pure ammonia. I started by adding 6 drops of ammonia, an attempt to reach an ammonia reading of 5ppm. When I did the little ammonia color strip test the reading was zero. I retested and the reading was still zero. So I added 6 more drops of ammonia and the reading is still zero. I don't want to add more ammonia and cause an overdose. Does anybody have any suggestions. What am I doing wrong. Question
DF Bobo
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.12.29(Fri)9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, first of all, what do you mean by drops? like the little amount that comes out of an eyedropper? usually, when people add ammonia, they add it by teaspoons.

cherrybarb06
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.29(Fri)10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

oohhh!!! I didn't know that. I am a beginner Embarassed . Idea I think I've figured out how much I need to add to reach 5ppm and with my new knowledge I can just use a teaspoon instead of having to count all those drops (over 200 of them)
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: