Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
was wondering if they can do this?
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
patarick
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)22:51    Post subject: was wondering if they can do this? Reply with quote

I hope this is the write forum, if not sorry Smile.
I have two golden albino bristle nose, a royal whiptail and a gold nugget plec (lo18). And my plants,mainly the amazon swords, keep getting mysteriouse holes in them. I took some leaves to the lfs and they said that somethings eating them like your sucker catfish if you have some. Now can one of these fish do this or all of them can do it. I don't rearly want to get rid of them but if need be I will.
I feed them on courgette and cucumber, sinking pellets and the like so I don't think they are going hungry, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Patrick and Cara Smile
rm-slover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can assure you with certanty in the range of the 99th percentile that it is NOT the Bristlenose.
Bob
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.12.29(Fri)8:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
mainly the amazon swords, keep getting mysteriouse holes in them

I think this could be a lack of phosphate (I would check on this) and is common with Swords.

Bob
patarick
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.29(Fri)13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, cheers for the responses. was going to catch the we fellows and put them in a holding tank for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Bob on Stronsay::- This is what I originally thought that we were lacking some ferts some where along the line, the plants are still growing rearly well,Smile
but I might try a few more lfs to see if they say something different other than the fish are doing it, to me it just seems like the easy answer. Cool
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: