Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Java fern light
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
coryfan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)14:37    Post subject: Java fern light Reply with quote

Don't know if this question makes sense, but I'll try. I have a couple of java ferns directly under the hood light and after about ten hours with the light on, just before I turn it off, the java fern leaves under the light kind of have this 'milky' look to them. It is a full spectrum bulb I am using.
Anyway, is this normal (or I should say OK) and does it just mean the leaves are getting too much light?
tkipfer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like they have too much light, as they are only a dim lit plant move them somewhere else and see if they improve.
Rex Grigg
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Java ferns love high light. You would be hard pressed to get too much light over an aquarium for Java Fern.

They are considered low light plants because they are one of the handful of plants that can actually survive at lower light levels. Not because they prefer lower light levels.

A picture of this problem would help a lot.

Semper Fi
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: