Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Adding New Fish need help...
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
xDarkGodx
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)11:43    Post subject: Adding New Fish need help... Reply with quote

Hi everyone I havent been here for a while.
Today I dicided to dedicate my whole day to the cleaning and fixing any problems with my aquariums.

OK so I have a 48G and it was a complet mess, dead plants everywhere, alge everywhere and what not. The stock of my aquarium is 1Keyhole-1DwarfGourami-5serpea tetras- 2 bronze corys and 4zebra danios.

I want to start off by saying I hate serpea tetras, mine see to always be sick in someway, I have lose 3 2 in the past month. They limit the types of fish I can put in with them there really a mess.
I want to trade them in but I can't because this is there home and I don't want to stress them, and brining them to a pet store is a death sentenc.

So what can I add to my aquarium? I want a bigger fish,nice coulor, I have some baby platies that I might move in there when they get bigger but thats a long way fomr now...

I would like to get some Ideas of what I can do. Thankyou guys
-2 SAE

20 GALLON: Severum
10 GALLON: Beata
Brave Dave
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I would do is get a few more cories. They do a lot better in bigger groups than in pairs. I'm finishing stocking my tank and someone suggested Boeseman's rainbows to me. They are a bigger fish and have great color. They are peaceful too so should do will with your other fish.
xDarkGodx
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup more Cories is what I was thinking, but I would like a diffrent species, do you think Panda's and Bronze would mix well or should I just get more Broze? I havd 6 but they died, I really only saw one body...

Rainbows look great, 1m 3f?
-2 SAE

Brave Dave
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandas are cute little buggers but they are not as hardy. I would stick to the bronze because you had troubles before. Panda are way more expensive ($7.99 US where I live anyway) and might not last long. If you want to mix it up get the albino form of the bronze. Same species so they will schoal together.

Can't tell you for sure about male/female ratio for rainbows. I've started researching them and got a couple different answers. I was thinking about getting the neon rainbow and they recommend keeping 2 females per male, but I think I read in gallery here that boeseman you keep 1 female per 2 males. Some help with this someone?? If I figure it out for sure I'll let you know.
xDarkGodx
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I am also getting diffrent answers, I'm diciding between NeonDwarf Rainbow and Boesemans Rainbow fish...gonna get 3 or 4
-2 SAE

FiftyCalibre
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've kept 3 different types of rainbow and I used 1:1, or slightly more than 1 female per male
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: