Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Whats your favourite movie?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
nanaglen2001
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.03.09(Fri)1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gladiator

Bladerunner
Galaxy Quest
Star Trek IV
Life of Brian
LA Confidential
The Goonies
Explorers
Ice Age
Back to the future I
Some like it hot (with Marylin Monroe)
Wuthering Heights (with Sir Laurence Olivier)
Spartacus (with Kirk Douglas)
20000 Leagues under the sea (with James Mason)
A star is born (with Judy Garland)

Aggh then there is a movie, I only know the german title...In einem Land vor unserer Zeit... its about some lost Dinosaur kids, who are wandering around and try to find their parents (Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Spike...) I always weep buckets when the scene comes, in which Littlefoot thinks his own shadow is his dead mother Crying or Very sad
lindak
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.03.09(Fri)8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun of the dead (absolutely hysterical)

Gladiator
LOTR's (all)
The Kill Bill's
Twilight Samurai
Sin City
Young Frankenstein (also hysterical)
Pirates otc

Basically any Martial arts film regardless of how cheesy it is. Same goes for science fiction.
There's too many to name, any movie I buy on a dvd is one of the favs, I don't too buy many. But it has to be one I will watch numerous times.
Michael L.
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.03.09(Fri)9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

nanaglen, I know exactly what you're talking about. I used to love those movies. "The Land Before Time" is the english name.

My favourite movie has to be "Kung Pow". It's the most ridiculous, stupid movie I've ever seen. It's made from clips of an old Japanese movie, exept with English dubbed over it to make it a comedy. Anyone who enjoyed Austin Powers or other stupid movies should look for Kung Pow.

How about Borat though? That has to take second place for me. What did everyone else think about it?
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.03.09(Fri)9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael L. wrote:
"The Land Before Time"

when I was a little kid, I used to love those movies! I pretty much learned english from those things (and also from the magic school bus)

KhuliLoach
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.03.09(Fri)10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

everybody here seems to like shaun of the dead, now I really have to see it. we got it once and mom got bored and turned it off before it got to any good parts (I thinkabout 30 min into the movie) Evil or Very Mad

If you have a walmart that has a 2 for $11 dvd box (the ripoff box) it has lots of irrelivant-yet-good movies like Frogs and Pet Semetary (both of them are only good to watch once, theyr so bad)

has anyone ever seen Tales from a Parallell universe? it's one of the absolutey insanely off-the-wall wierd movies made in the 70's or 80's it has no apparent plot or purpose for anything that happens. extreeeemely wierd.
nanaglen2001
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.03.09(Fri)11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah I really forgot some movies...shame on me Embarassed

Those ole Agatha Christie/Miss Marple movies with Margaret Rutherford, I also love that music you always hear in the beginning.

Which leads me to a new Thread Very Happy Very Happy
lindak
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.03.09(Fri)13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Borat. Tsk!!! It's so over the top crude but hilarious!!

nanaglen, I also enjoy Wuthering Heights, My Man Godfrey, The Thin Man movies, anything with Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant or Spencer Tracy.

KuhliLoach, yeah you should see it again, some of the things they do are also over the top, but it's so funny!!

I'm going to see the 300 this afternoon, I'll report back on how it was.
arachnar
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.09(Fri)17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

love a lot of movies ,movie fanatic,seen old new and in between
love fifth element
muriels wedding
bridget jones 1 nad 2
mission impossible
star wars
indiana jones
godfather,I know everyone loves it
sixteen candles
married to the mob
V for Vendeta ,toally awesome and well made
jurassic park 1 and 3 the second one was okay
duece bigalo male jigalo
hhhhhhhmmmmmm,can't think of anymore at the moment

lindak
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.03.09(Fri)18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK!!!!

I saw 300 this afternoon and I really liked it.

It's visually stunning and if your a fan of swordplay and action, you'll love it.

The movie is almost wall to wall action, lots of severed body parts and blood in the fashion of Quentin Tarentino. It was produced by Frank Miller who penned Sin City and the action is almost as cartoonish as that. But visually it's like a painting come to life in most scenes.
It's sort of a cross between Gladiator and (believe it or not) Dune, the one from the 80's. The Greek Spartans (300) take on the Persian army (countless hordes) at the Battle of Thermopylae. It's all about honor and being a free people.There are oddball characters and beasts, and the dialogue is rather sparse mainly talking about honor and all that kind of stuff.
The characters are rather short shrifted in favor of action. But they get their point across. There are also a few laughs.

You can see the filmakers influences rather easily, but I didn't find that offensive, since I was influenced by those films also.

This movie is not for kids under 16, IMO, there are some nude scenes and a couple marginal sex scenes.

For me it was worth seeing. I love far out visuals and special effects in film.
Also my son is a black belt in Koryo Gum Do which is a Korean sword art and I've seen a lot of swordplay in real life (with no deaths of course), LOL!
Seeing fake swordplay is great too because most of it is over the top, physical things that can't really be done.

I'd like to know if anyone else here has seen it and what they thought.
arachnar
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.03.10(Sat)23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the departed is good I saw it with my sister and we where both underage everyone pretty much dies ;cool and well made movie though(our parents just left us at the movie theatre)
I heard they were making the halo movie as well though it won't come out till 2009,ghhhaaaaa ,whatever ,I just want to see it

Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to: