Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Suggestions for a 2.5 gal tank for shrimp and snails
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
nightngle
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.26(Tue)11:28    Post subject: Suggestions for a 2.5 gal tank for shrimp and snails Reply with quote

I'm moving my betta to a 10 gal tank, and am thinking it would be fun to have shrimp and a couple of snails in the 2.5 gal tank on my desk. It's an acrylic with a Whisper HOB filter, hood with built in light, and about 1/4" gravel on the bottom.

I'd like a live plant (I'm thinking java fern), shrimp, and a couple of snails, but I'm wondering what the best combinations are. What water recipie do I use, what kinds of shrimp and how many, what kinds of snails are compatible, what kind of food and how to feed them, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions - I want to be sure I set the tank up correctly at the start. Smile
Cheryl
krt
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.27(Wed)3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

u should see if your lfs can get in the zebra narita (u can look them up in the invertabrae sevtion of aoa) they would be beautiful showcased in a small tank. it says that they won't eat your plants either (some weird maintanence may be required though.. like adding coral for their shells) otherwise snails may be a bad idea w/ plants. before I moved I had a "trash" tank w/ 3 large apple snails... I would dump the ends of vegetables from dinner in there- it was such a mess but they laid a bunch of eggs (cool pink-styrofoam-looking eggs). they hatched and I had a couple of hundred of the guys... the shrimp may help keep it all clean though...
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: