Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Euthanasia? Answers quickly please!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
ceci9293
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2007.01.09(Tue)14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't use the disposal for a small fish, personally. The blades are large and far apart... they're not even particularly sharp or anything. I don't want to go into detail, but I just don't think it would be fast enough. At all.

The smashing thing took me a couple of deep breaths, JunBetta, but it wasn't that bad. You can do it. Just remind yourself that it's a kindness for your fish.
thenuggetuk
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.10(Wed)6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to add to this convo. For small fish you can just flick them on the head to kill them!! this is less gory and kills them instantly as this is what my LFS does to all of their dying small fish!. I was extremely suprised that it worked at first as it was so sudden Exclamation
Jun
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.01.12(Fri)22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies everyone, but my female betta passed away only a day after I posted the earlier reply -- I came home from school and was all ready to do it, but she had lodged herself in a plant and died there. She had definitely developed dropsy and I'm afraid that her gills had swelled up so much that she actually suffocated. I will keep in mind what everyone has said, though, if such an unforunate event comes up again.

Again, thanks for the replies.

Rest is peace, Luka.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: