Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
December's Photo Contest "My Best Shot" [RESULTS]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Doosharm
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.12.08(Fri)20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose a pic of a green chromis from my uncle's marine tank.

This little guy was zooming around the tank and I finally got the one magic moment where he stayed still long enough to snap a crystal clear photo. As soon as I took the shot I knew it was a keeper. For a second I felt like I joined the ranks of Alex Kawazaki, Magnus, Dusko, and the other pros on the board. Very Happy I feel like I reached a new level of photography with this shot. It's not the most beautiful fish in the world and it isn't the best shot in the world but I think it's MY best shot.

I use an Olympus C-740 Ultra Zoom camera.

DJ
shaun64326
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.09(Sat)1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took this photo on the Great Barrier Reef at a scuba diving spot known as "Nursery Bommie". It was taken at 18m with a $30 underwater film camera. The blenny had made his home right beside the coral in a hole. I thought one day this scene could be replicated in an aquarium of my own.

Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.12.09(Sat)7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

A memorable moment: my first personal encounter with the Guinness-certified largest fish species in the world, seen through the Guinness-certified largest acrylic panel in the world Cool

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...

Last edited by Marcos Avila on 2006.12.15(Fri)7:56; edited 1 time in total
redmum
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.09(Sat)16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
When you said about "moments" that meant something, this has to be the most magical moment I have had since keeping fish - the first breeding of my angels. Its not the best photo, with my little camera, but it shows the eggs, with the male waiting to fertilise whilst looking very puffy and manly Laughing, and best of all - the SAE waiting patiently in the background! He always spent his life trying to eat them! So it captures not just that moment for me, but the whole breeding experience, ever alert, and ever beautiful.

anna

190ltr freshwater tank
John Nakachima
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.10(Sun)10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
My Dojo with hat Shocked Laughing
lindak
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.12.11(Mon)12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first 29g tank. It has many tacky elements in it, but it was a happy little tank. I broke it down and sold it to get a 75g for the angelfish who's gottten slightly bigger since transferring. The angel, neons, black neons and 1 Cardinal are all living in the 75.
The pipe things on the left I bought for my Plec (whom I don't have anymore either Sad ), who needed a dark place to hide in. He loved it, and so did the other fish. The angel managed to get his big body through it unscathed!
I really love this picture, I like it's cleaness and it's warmth. It brings back happy memories.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!
fzthomas
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.12(Tue)6:00    Post subject: my betta Reply with quote

Hi all, here is my picture. Maybe not as good as all the others here but I truely love it. It shows the betta in full movement swimming along the aquarium glass.

cheers,
Thomas
DeviantXX
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.12(Tue)16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, I thought it was neat how this picture is showing a sense of movement and very candid-like of Mr. Danio Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
J.B.
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.12.12(Tue)16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most recent, and probably the best pic I have been able to capture of my 75g.

ceci9293
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2006.12.12(Tue)17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

My koi pond:

IN MY DREAMS! Smile

The photo was taken at the Zilker Botanical Gardens here in Austin this last spring, when we took my son for the first time. I could spend hours in that garden, especially in the oriental gardens, with the koi pond. Alas, my son preferred tearing up grass and throwing rocks in the play area. Still, it was a beautiful day and I love this beautiful photo.

MODS: The photo is 640x480px but tall instead of wide... I'm not sure if that follows image posting guidelines. Please let me know if I'm in violation and I'll resize and reupload. Thanks!
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to: