Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
December's Photo Contest "My Best Shot" [RESULTS]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.12.08(Fri)2:55    Post subject: December's Photo Contest "My Best Shot" [RESULTS] Reply with quote

We couldn't end such a fun and successful year of contests in another way. Just give us your best shot! Wink

MY BEST SHOT Very Happy
Your favorite photo, whether it's the technical quality, the captured moment, the memories it brings, whatever!
Anything goes as long as it's somehow related to aquatic life.
Note: A little text saying why you like that photo will certainly be appreciated by the readers!

Deadline for entries: December 15th. <-- (Only one week!)

Deadline for voting: December 22nd.

Be sure to read the 2006 Monthly Photo Contest Rules carefully before posting your photo! By posting here you are automatically agreeing to them.

On with the contest...good luck! Very Happy

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...

Last edited by Marcos Avila on 2006.12.23(Sat)8:29; edited 1 time in total
Petorama
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.08(Fri)5:15    Post subject: best shot of mine Reply with quote

Here's my entry as a best shot.

I got this durning my recent visit to Kuala Lumpur Zoo. Those turtles sure are looking up to something which I couldn't careless as they formed this lovely pose!

Mike612
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.12.08(Fri)9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a picture of my male seahorse. His pictures really come out much better than his girlfriend's pictures.
Fish4fun
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.08(Fri)9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shot is not the most special to look at for anyone but me - the reasons why I enjoy it so much are that I wasn't underwater when I took it - I was on a small boat with absolutely glassy water at 10:30 in the morning (!) when 5 or 6 dolphins came to play with our boat wake. Naturally we stopped to take pictures and enjoy the moment - but my lens was a 75-300mm telephoto and this was all the dolphin that fit in the frame. (And a little bit of floating whatever in the top left corner - that's the surface!)

The luckiest I've ever been; the ocean is rarely calm at that time of day.
Indian Ocean off the coast of Mozambique
Canon 10D
Psyfalcon
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.12.08(Fri)11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about this one for zoom in.... A lionfish up close. Public aquarium reef, so the lighting was good, and the fish was a good poser, it seemed to almost like stopping in front of the camera.

MattTVI
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.12.08(Fri)12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already entered a few of my favorites in past contest, so here's one of my newest fish... Gary... a gramma lareto (sp?).

Dusko
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.12.08(Fri)13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here it is.......

I certainly have some better marine fish photos, but I couldn't resist entering this fish that, for sure, is my No.1 favorite aquatic creature........
The LORD of the ALGAES !!! Twisted Evil

I seem not to be able to quit advertising this fish whenever I talk about planted aquariums (and I always do Wink ). Some will say that Crossocheilus siamensis is not a beautiful fish, but I strongly disagree.
I can't stop watching them, the way they graze over the plants in constant search for fresh algae shots...see for your self Very Happy
I do wish that SAE (Siamese Algae Eater) don't grow more than 8 cm (instead of 14cm) so one could use them in smaller tanks, but what can we do, it is good to have one per 70 liters.
O man this fish is pure poetry Smile

Kind regards, Dusko.
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.08(Fri)14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first time entering a contest on this site, and my first time posting a photo. This is the largest of my two angels in my planted 29G. This fish constantly cracks me up. I've got several Apotongen plants in my tank that will often send flowers up to the surface. This fish will grab the flowers and pull them all the way down to the floor of the tank trying to eat them. It also is the most excited fish I've ever seen at feeding time, even more so than my roommate's oscar.

lepisteskulubu
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.08(Fri)15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lepistes Kul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Danikins
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.08(Fri)17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to change my mind lol.... instead of the bleeding heart/SAE I'm putting a pic of my betta, Gemini. He's my little cutie, I love how he's all white and then his gills are jet black... when he flares, you sure notice it, hehe.

This pic was taken with a crappy HP camera, surprisingly. I was amazed with the photo, and have LOVED it since. Enjoy!

Last edited by Danikins on 2006.12.11(Mon)10:42; edited 1 time in total
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to: