Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
stupidest question ever
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
RubberDuck
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.16(Sat)16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucjason wrote:
Anyways, not to worry. I will post elsewhere from now on. On my other fish board people have a sense of humor.

When I first stated "no question is a stupid question" I should of expanded on it. What I meant in detail; if a person has a curiosity or an urge to try something in our hobby where involving live plants and animals but have never tried it before it is always better to ask a question that may be complete basics for another then to go on with the curiosity or urge and possibly harm, injure, kill, and stress the plants and animals that we keep.

Its not that we do not have a sense of humor Bucjason, we simply take others feelings into consideration when making jokes and laughing. Perhaps your other fish board does not, I'm not sure.
DF Bobo
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.12.17(Sun)7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the way this is starting to go, I think I can rightfully say that I am surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet. also, while I'll bet that most of us who were involved in one particular thread would love to forget about it forever, I think it relates here. when one member (not mentioning names....) was asking some questions about a brackish water tank, and when they said they had corals in a tank with mollies and swordtails, I asked if it was a live coral, and this particular member (who is a known troublemaker) decided to call me stupid for asking such a "stupid" question. it resulted in quite a debate......

moral is more or less the same as what Ariaanna said. you try to help, they assume you think they're stupid, then come back with their own petty insults.

read my sig, for those interested in my take on stupidity.

Jack_Dempsey11
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.17(Sun)15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was starting to get into the hobby I tried to stock a 20 gallon long with a bala shark, a red-tailed cat, an oscar, and four kenyi, which has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever personally heard Rolling Eyes
Liszie
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.12.17(Sun)23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this [EDIT: changed THREAT to THREAD... Embarassed] thread could have been more appropriately titled "Oddest Questions Ever", that way no negative connotations would have been implied.
On that note, a guy once asked me when the live sand was going to do something... Which was the inspiration for my comic on live sand... When I explained to him that his sand wasn't going to just wake up one day and start moving around, we all had a good laugh about it.

Last edited by Liszie on 2006.12.18(Mon)23:24; edited 1 time in total
lenoirj
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.18(Mon)22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To liven up the mood and in keeping with the original theme...

Cheap Plant Ferts...
While some tales are too hard to believe I have no doubt Martin tried this.

Fred

EWWWWWW!!!!!!
Liszie
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.12.20(Wed)8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenoir, how do you think plants get fertilized in nature? I guarantee no one goes and adds seachem flourish twice a week! Wink
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.12.20(Wed)9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plants need nitrogen, they prefer ammonia as a nitrogen source (Walstad) and urine is a good source of ammonia, so......

~Haname
richiestang_78
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.20(Wed)18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people
ghandolph
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.29(Fri)3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh I came here lookin for a good laugh......we have all done stupid things in our life ...hopefully now we can look back and have a good laugh at em ......maybe the thread shoulda been labeled something else like funniest question.....but I say lighten up a bit /shrug its not like they would be pointing out exactly who said it and when...my 2 copper pieces
dale
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.12.30(Sat)1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than asking stupid questions I prefer to stand next to people asking stupid questions. I learn a lot that way and can tsk tsk at the same time. Clever little monkey.
While not a stupid question or even fish related - one of the stupider thing I've seen was someone who paid to go to college and then skipped out of class all the time and failed. They sure showed those teachers who's boss!
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: