Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Galaxy Rasbora
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species  Reply to topic   Post new topic
DeviantXX
Members

PostPosted: 2006.11.01(Wed)16:38    Post subject: Galaxy Rasbora Reply with quote

I was on my lfs website today in school, and they just got an arrival of a new breed of rasbora called the Galaxy Rasbora. It looks so neat! Such interesting colorations, and I like their big eyes Laughing my lfs is selling them $13.00 each.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shai
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.11.01(Wed)18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any pictures available?
DeviantXX
Members

PostPosted: 2006.11.01(Wed)19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops sorry was meant to add a picture and a link ( was in a rush! )

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.CO2.uk/pfk/pages/item.php?news=1060
Here's a link if you want to read more about the fish!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shai
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.11.01(Wed)23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very nice! Thanks for sharing!
Danikins
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.11.08(Wed)10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah... those are trippy. I'd love those, but at 13 bucks a fish, I'd have to pass o_O
Dusko
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.11.08(Wed)10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

They grow only 12-15 mm Shocked Very Happy that is great for small tanks with dwarf shrimps, can't wait to see them here in Sweden.

Thanks for sharing.
Members

PostPosted: 2006.11.08(Wed)11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!! they are interesting, I wonder if any fish stores here in southern california carry them, a few Fish shops out here carry a lot of unique fish but I haven't seen these rasboras, and I also would like to add that rasboras are great fish to have if you like a schooling fish, I have scissortails and a brilliant rasbora by accident(walmart threw him in thinking they got the scissortail but they gave it to us), 13 bucks is a lot for a rasbora. DeviantXX did you buy any of the galaxy rasboras??
DeviantXX
Members

PostPosted: 2006.11.08(Wed)15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought people would be pretty interested Wink

Characteristics, nope I didn't buy any. I havent been to my fish store in awhile to check out any new stock. I'm the only one[my mother was also, but she passed a few years ago] in the household whos really interested in animals, especially fish. But I would be at my LFS all the time if I had my liscense [only 16 here Razz ]
Characteristics
Members

PostPosted: 2006.11.08(Wed)16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sorry about your mother DeviantXX that had to be extrememly painful for you, and I know how you feel about going to fish stores , I go every week to look and what do I do? I always end up buying a fish!! I always tell myself no I am only looking, the fish I feel the most sorry for are the ones at walmart, those stores don't take good care of the fish, they barely give them any ornaments or plants and they overcrowd them, terrible!! I always try to rescue them, if I had a hundred aquariums I'd save them all. I bought some fish from walmart and to my surprise they are ticking and tocking longer than some of the fish I have bought at the fish stores and pet stores. I am going to try to find these galaxy rasboras, they look beautiful. thank you for the cool info on these cool fish!! Very Happy
Osprey
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.11.08(Wed)17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want some for my new ten gallon. But no-one is shipping them to Canada yet. Grrr.... Mad
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to: