Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Confess Your Newbie Mistakes!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
cito
Members

PostPosted: 2006.11.20(Mon)20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.........
-Forgetting to un-plug filter during PWC (Why is my filter melting?)
-Forgetting to replace the lid on filter (Where is my betta?)

Eh....... that's it- I haven't majorly screwed up.... yet. Laughing

Corys Rule!
Charles
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.24(Sun)21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once put a goldfish in hot water...and it died.
sepgundamrg
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.25(Mon)0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not cycling tankand stocking 1 raphael catfish, 1 dwarf Puffer, 1 red wagtail platy, and 3 ghost shrimp, using only flake foods and pellets.

Recently: Hmm I should break up this cube of frozen brine shrimp, nah its not that big, and it will take a while to thaw. Wow its already thawed, why is my fishes belly blue....why is his belly so big....why is he moving so slow...whered all those shrimp go....uh oh, back to the zuchini diet for you. (I have 2 striped raphael cats and a dwarf puffer.....youve heard the stories of raphaels...)
Kit-Kat
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.25(Mon)13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't buy any testing kits, and put some fish food into the water, 3 weeks later, thinking this would give it enough time to cycle, and then put my betta, Feather, in there, its been a little bit over a month, and hes still alive, Thank-yyou lord, thank-you!!!!

Bought to big of a heater, the water around it got WAY to warm, the next day, my goldies were dead... RIP

This connects to the goldy one...! Bough 4 6cm goldfish(bottom feeders or whatever) because they said"they will fit, and 2 died from heater, 2 died from either stress, no water changes, or not cycling the tank, wither way, I have learnt my lesson, I PROMISE!!!!!!

ANd to top it off, I've only been taking care of fish for like 2 months, so yea, I won't make any of those mistakes again!!!!!!!!!!!
Barracuda324
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.25(Mon)13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhh well.......

#1 started with hot pink and blue gravel( IT LOOKED COOL Embarassed Rolling Eyes )

#2 cycled with dalmation mollies & no research= dead) and peppered cories(ALIVE!!)

#3 didn't know that hatchet fish were BIG jumpers and sooo bacon strip fish anyone?

WHO DEY, WHO DEY, WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT THEM BENGALS?!
Cinder
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.25(Mon)17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

One year ago I got our first fish, a male Betta.
I put him in a one gallon bowl (minus two points) and within a couple of hours felt incredibly sorry for him (plus two points) in such a small bowl so I moved him into a ten gallon tank (no heater, no filter - plus five points).
Had no clue there was such a thing as cycling a tank (minus 150 points).
He looked so lonely I added a few more fish (didn't know Cories should be in schools (minus ten points) within a couple of weeks and thus added a filter and heater (plus ten points). All those poor fish went through the cycling process (I feel terrible!).
I started researching and found this site (plus 100 points). Wow, have I learned a lot and continue to be amazed at what I don't know.
Our Betta is doing great and has been moved into a cycled 20 gln. where he rules. I lost several of the other original fish, I'm sure due to them going through the cycling process.
At least I never bought the Black Ghostknife that I want so much!! (plus 50 points) I had learned to research by that point.
So, I think that leaves me five points in the positive - see I have learned!! Surprised
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: