Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What is it?!?
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Barby Girl
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.08.19(Sat)16:07    Post subject: What is it?!? Reply with quote

I saw something new and weird in my tank last night and would like an ID please!!! I don't know how I've never seen this guy before. It has the body of a slug, about an inch long, 1/4 inch wide. But it has like a half shell over the top part of it's body. It has two antenna and a sucker mouth. Now if I remember my biology right, it can't be a slug if it has a shell right? So it has to be a snail of some kind? Any ideas? When I tried to snap it's picture, it was blending in with the LR so I couldn't get it visible. Thanks for any insight!
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.08.19(Sat)17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is probably a stomatella, they are beneficial. This is one I smapped in my tank.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Barby Girl
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.08.20(Sun)15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sirreal. I did a web search for stomatella and found more pics and that is definitly what it is. I tried finding it myself before posting here and had absolutly no luck and you knew just based off my lame description, you guys are awesome.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: