Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What to Do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Reply to topic   Post new topic
CCS
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.08.23(Wed)17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. Also, thank you sirreal63 for your crude, yet crucial way of pointing out the consequences of setting up the system I had planned. I have been to Mark's website many times and have even talked to him via email. I'll email my tank maker to ask if he can add an overflow box to my tank when we go pick my sump up. Do you think I need to holes in the overflow for sump/filter intake or can I get away with one intake with a T-valve? Also, I need something like a loose mesh to go in my refugium to keep any macro from entering the pump reservior. Any suggestions?
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.08.24(Thu)7:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many ways to set up the overflow, you should discuss it with the tank maker and get his advice as it will matter how wide the overflow is as to how many holes he can safely make. For the fuge try using gutter mesh from the hardware store, just make sure it is the plastic variety. Sorry for being harsh but we covered using a cannister filter like that months ago and thought you understood why it won't work. You have a habit of not listening to or understanding the advice you get, none of us want to see your tank fail.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
CCS
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.08.24(Thu)17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirreal63 wrote:
You have a habit of not listening to or understanding the advice you get, none of us want to see your tank fail.

Laughing That is very true.

Some of my dad's tanks have the overflow boxes. The box is just a small box in the corner of the tank with a lid and slits in it. The tankmaker can drill hole(s) and install bulkhead(s) in the back. The box is 5" tall x 5" long x 3.5" wide, so I think he'll be able to drill two 1/2" holes in that space. Also, I'll see if he can install the box outside the tank instead of inside. Boxes take up space and don't look very good in an aquarium. I'm still wondering about that plumbing attachment for changing 3/4" to 1/2".
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: