Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
a "What's THAT!" post
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Barby Girl
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.08.11(Fri)19:42    Post subject: a "What's THAT!" post Reply with quote

I was hypnotically watching 'pods run around my LR and I saw something wacky. It looked like a perfectly smooth very thin milky colored worm. It stretched out over the top of the rock over 2 inches long, appeared to grab a piece of something (looked like a stray piece of sand) and pull it back in closer to it's base. The tank lights were on but it was in a darker small hole in the rock, so I shined a flashlight into the hole and it appeared to be attached to the rock. It streched out to just one inch chilled for a little while, then pulled back in, I shined the light back in the hole and it looked like it dissappeared, I couldn't find the base. Any ideas?
Pete Harcoff
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.08.11(Fri)23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lots of those guys in my LR. I'm not sure exactly what they are, though. They seem to be similar to peanut worms, but these worms don't appear to unravel so much as stretch, so I'm not sure.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: