Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My FIRST tank PICS!
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Barby Girl
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.08.08(Tue)21:10    Post subject: My FIRST tank PICS! Reply with quote

I finally have some pictures!!! This is my tank at about 3 weeks old. The snails pictured are Trocus snails, been in there a little less then a week, cleared my algae up pronto. I also have pics of the feather dusters I adopted with my last addition of LR. This is the first time I've shot a tank, so be kind, but please critique!!! This is the first time I've not hosted my own pics when posting to a message board, so if the free hosting service screwed it up, I'll try again Smile

[/img]
Pete Harcoff
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.08.08(Tue)21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some nice looking LR you've got there. I imagine it will make a nice looking reef once you start adding corals to the mix.

And good base coralline growth, too. You've got more than I do and I've been running for almost 5 months! Shocked
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.08.08(Tue)21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice looking tank I like the plate sticking out in the middle

what you got planned for it?
Barby Girl
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.08.08(Tue)22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys Smile I'm really proud of it so far.
I got really lucky with the LR. My supplier bought a 7 foot tank that is eventually going to be a display tank, but installation on it got pushed back after he bought 300 pounds of the Alor LR, so they decided to sell it and it was cured and perfect when I got it. I've been discusing with them about what to put in it. I picked out 3 soft corals that they say will work with my lighting, don't remember what their called, but they all look like bonsai trees, two different shades of purple and one green. They say those are all quick growers, so I'll start with those and see how it looks before I decide to add more corals. For fish, I've decided two Ocellaris clowns, one black and white, one standard, one or two bangaii cardinals, and a fire goby. For inverts, right now I have 8 Trocus and they are such awesome snails I think they will be more then enough of an algae cleaning crew. I've also decided on two blood shrimp, an orange linkia star, some blue leg hermits, and possibly a bubble tip anemone. I've got at LEAST a dozen feather dusters on the LR and also in the back what I'm pretty sure are green star polyps (not in a good location for pics) I'm hoping those all thrive. I adore the feather dusters Smile
sirreal63
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.08.09(Wed)6:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking setup. You will probably change the layout of th rock a dozen times before you are done, that is normal. It is nice looking rock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.08.09(Wed)6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

what size tank is that?
Barby Girl
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.08.09(Wed)8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 46 gallons.
AquariumChicky
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.08.09(Wed)13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking really good. I wish I could set mine up right now. I've got most of the equipment, but we're going on vacation this fall. So, we decided to wait until after vacation because the people all ready have a hard enough time taking care of our FW tanks.
CatfishAttack
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.08.10(Thu)14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking tank Smile
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: