Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hey guys
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
CichlidLover
Members

PostPosted: 2006.07.31(Mon)23:46    Post subject: Hey guys Reply with quote

OK,

Well I am back after 1 year. Dawn I totally accept what you have said and I am now more mature to deal with it. You did not mean in anyway to dsicriminate me. Thanks for what you posted in my older post, it helped me see what I was doing wrong.

For the problem at hand right now...Well I still have 1 of my goldfish from before the biggest one hes still around 4 inches and I can tell he needs a bigger tank. Right now I have the Fancy Gold fish and a new one my sister bought thats a Black Ornada. Recently the ornada has been "eating" bubbles along with her food I think that are causeing her to keep floating. I know my tank is VERY small right now...I am hoping to find some room in my office or my dads office for a newer 30 or 40 gallon tank for the two of them. But for the moment right now what should I do concerning the black ornada? How can I treat this type of swim bladder disease. I have heard from some people that peas speed up the digestive system of fish and I thought that might help so I just skinned a few and let him eat them. It doesn't seem to be helping so I stopped. Well....any ideas? I'm open to all opinions/facts/choices/answers.

Here are some water parameters and other things,

Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0 pH 7.2

10% water changes every weekend
2 GAL- Live Food Container
scrkpr
Members

PostPosted: 2006.08.02(Wed)7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peas are a very effective and simple treatment I do all the time. Just fast your fish for one day. Then take some frozen peas and cook them, remove the skins 9if you can) and feed to your fish until they poop green. This works b/c your fish has excess gas buildup and the peas break it down and work it out. I actually fast my godlies every Sunday and feed peas Monday morning, leftovers from my families Sunday night dinner. I do this as a preventative b/c one of my goldies has a bad swim bladder If it's not working it's b/c you're not fasting the fish first and not feeding him enough, he has to poop green and poop a lot. Hope that helps.
CichlidLover
Members

PostPosted: 2006.08.02(Wed)22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

EWh more poop = more water changes. Hooray for me! Ahh its fine its a labor of love Laughing
2 GAL- Live Food Container
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: