Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
5.5 gallon nano planted Journal (updated 02/12/2007)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Quaid
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.09.24(Sun)20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

anxiously waiting for an update Smile
Skittles
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.09.26(Tue)22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow I love the fact that it looks like a river in your aquarium!!! Smile Good luck
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.09.27(Wed)15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice setup, great position of rocks
can't wait to see with plants grow Very Happy

what would be u choice of plants??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Pete Harcoff
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.02.12(Mon)16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loooooooooong overdue update.

Here's what happened. First, the LFS didn't get my plants in. So, without anything to plant, I put it on hold. I also was working on my 48 gallon and my 56 gallon reef, so that took priority. Plus, I had returned to school in the Fall, which meant I had less time for aquariums. Bottom line is I didn't get back at it until recently.

I recently started planting it. I put hairgrass in the back and dwarf anubias on the wood. I also found my three amano shrimp in my 48 gallon and transplanted them to the 5.5. They always hid in my 48 and I'm surprised they were even still alive. I'm planning some glosso for the front, and (hopefully) should have some by the end of the week.

I also made changes to the filtration. For whatever reason, the AC 70 was really, really loud. It could be the mod I did to restrict flow. At any rate, I opted for a Fluval 105 canister filter instead. I'm still using the AC 70 compartment on the back. I set it up so the outflow from the Fluval flows into the AC 70, then into the tank. The result is a nice even flow in the tank, increased water volume from the canister, and about 12-15x turnover.

Here are a couple current pics:

underOATH87
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.02.12(Mon)16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, look at that, I'm VERY impressed that you could do so much with such a small tank. I can wait for the summer so I can play around with my first planted tank, probably do a 10 Gallon. Going to just walk down to the beach, see what I can find and play in the sand, set some things up on the beach so I can get an idea what I want to bring back and set up.

Myspace Mobsters Forum: www.mademen.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: