Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Crazy Shubunkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.07.20(Thu)10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Methylene Blue" colours the silicone, if I remember correctly. And check that it is compatible with plants and such. You can always try using salt, but you
no 1 cool dude
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.20(Thu)11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of my plants are plastic anyway so that shouldn't be a problem Wink
no 1 cool dude
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.20(Thu)12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is what I'm going to do. I have an old 30l tank and I will set it up and put the 2 comets in there just for a few weeks while I treat the main tank. Hopefully within a month the Shubunkins fins will be a lot better. When it does get better I will sell the Shubunkins,Comets and small Goldfish to my LFS. I am going to upgrade from 100l to 200l within the next few months. I will but the Clown Loaches, Plecos and Rainbow Shark in there. I will put the Betta in the 30l when all of this is done. Does that sound OK?

Thanks again for all of your help guys Smile
Craig
AquariumChicky
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.20(Thu)15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome.

The Rainbow Shark and Loach I'm not sure of. They may be OK in that tank, BUT Loaches like to be kept in groups. I don't think a 200L tank will be big enough to support a group. I will let someone with more experience answer that.

The Pleco's still must go. They need about a 90-125+ gal depending on who you ask. I personally think you need about a 125 gal to support 1 Adult Common Pleco. Unless you want to get about a 300 gal. tank, the Pleco's still need to go.
no 1 cool dude
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.22(Sat)2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news everybody, my small plain goldfish died last night Crying or Very sad . It must have because when I woke up this morning the Rainbow Shark and Betta were eating it Crying or Very sad Shocked . I don't know how it died, either naturaly or somebody killed it. It wasn't in the best condition when I bought it a couple of weeks ago so that's probably why Embarassed Embarassed .
AquariumChicky
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.22(Sat)10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may have been because of poor water conditions. See, Pleco's and Goldfish give off a lot of ammonia. Ammonia is highly toxic to fish. With your tank being that overstocked and with them giving off ammonia, that will lead to bad water quality. The best thing you can do is get rid of the Shunubkin, Comets, and the Pleco's AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Like I said. I don't know if the 50 you are getting will be OK for the Loach and Shark or not. IMO, the Shark would be OK, but IMO you still need to get rid of the Loach. As I said earlier, Loaches like to be kept in groups, and IMO a 50 gal tank cannot support that many Loaches.
no 1 cool dude
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.26(Wed)13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have changed my mind a bit. I am still going to sell my Goldfish but I am also selling my Clown Loaches. I am keeping the 100L and what I want to stock it with is the following: 1 Common Pleco, 1 Rainbow Shark and Firemouths (how many can I have in a 100l tank?). I will put the Betta in my 30 L. How does that sound?
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.07.28(Fri)13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still sounds a bit cramped. Maybe you can try the "Freshwater Basics" Category, not trying to chase you away or any thing Smile
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: