Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
last ? of the night Bagaii Cardinal
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Barby Girl
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.12(Wed)20:11    Post subject: last ? of the night Bagaii Cardinal Reply with quote

OK, so I'm doing my research like a good little future reef keeper and all sorts of stuff keeps popping up. I want a pair of Bangaii Cardinalfish. Based on research a pair should be cool as long as it's not two males, BUT the only sexing description I can find is "The male is larger." But if I buy a larger and a smaller one, how do I know I'm not just getting a younger male? Or are they like clowns where they change sexes?

I said this was my last question of the night, but I just thought of something else I was meaning to ask. Are either cleaner shrimp or fire shrimp a problem for my first shrimp? I would perfer fire shrimp but remember reading that they are expensive. The aquarium super store was out of stock on both when I was in, they only had them in their not for sale display reef. So I didn't get the prices. I don't mind spending on equipment, but I want to start with lesser expensive fish/inverts for if/when stupid newbie mistakes happen. I'll move to more expensive stuff when I'm ready for corals.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: