Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
FINALLY... picked a tank
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Barby Girl
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.09(Sun)17:26    Post subject: FINALLY... picked a tank Reply with quote

I finally picked out and put a deposit on my soon to be reef tank! It's a 46g bow front. Bigger then I had planned on, but I love the bow front style and it was the smallest size over 30g they had. They only had a display tank in stock, so I put a deposit down and will be picking it up in a couple weeks. Also got a topper and lighting. I'm very pleased with the lighting I picked. Its 2 96W bulbs, has lunar lights, and a built in cooling fan. While waiting to get the actual tank, I'll be buying the rest of my equipment, salt, etc. Now that I am getting a larger tank, I have to re-think my stocking plan, but I think that's the best part of a new tank, I went through dozens of stocking plans on my freshwater tanks before finally deciding. I'm really excited Smile
AquariumChicky
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.10(Mon)10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Congradulations. What a kwinky dink. I came home to an aquarium!!! My mothers friend gave me a 55gal. tank that he had in his basement for over 10 years!!!. So, you can imagine it's filthy. So, I'm currently cleaning it out, going to reseal the seals, and show it a little TLC while I get my equipment.
Barby Girl
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.10(Mon)11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's always the best part. The more work you need to do, the more you enjoy the tank when it's completed. Right now I'm in the process of re-arranging the bedroom to make room for my new one.
AquariumChicky
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.10(Mon)19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I've got to start moving my mom's tanks and clean this one out. I will start a journal in the Photo Album later once I start getting everything set up. I have some picks when the man first brought the tank over. It was FILTHY!!!!!!!!!!
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: