Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Need some advise on bubble eye
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Asura Angle
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.06.17(Sat)2:34    Post subject: Need some advise on bubble eye Reply with quote

I just bought a new bubble eye today since my other 2 was eaten by bird few weeks ago. Instead of putting in it the pond(too much sharp rocks), I decide to put in it my tank with angels and pleco. After around 1 hour, I checked to see him and in my surprise he poped one of his bubble. My tank have 2 soft rubber coral, a small house, without sharp edge and a fairly large plastic plant. I have no idea what made him poped his bubble and discovered that there are some pointy edge on the plant leafs. I removed it and went to dinner. After I came back, he loss another one! both bubbles were poped. poor thing

I was wondering is the angels fin by any chance did it?

I would also like some advise on the deco to put in the tank. I was thinking of buying a 40 gallon tank to replace the one right now therefore not really know exactly what should be choosen as the bubble joined today.
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.06.21(Wed)11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally the bubbles are not that sensitive...may it have been one of the other fish; they might have picked it?
ultra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.06.21(Wed)12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldfish are not tropical fish. They are coldwater animals, so you must keep them in coldwater. Couldve been something sharp or couldve been one of the angels biting at it.

Off topic I know...but do you actually like the look of these fishes?
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.06.23(Fri)13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think they are not very practical, but good quality specimens are quite impressive.

Michael L.
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.06.23(Fri)22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little tidbit of news here. These fish will be illegal to keep in the UK if a certain bill is passed.

I have read that there is a great risk of infection if one of the bubbles pops, so you should be quarantining and treating with something like melafix or the equivalent.
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.06.24(Sat)11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbleyes should have their own aquarium due to delicate nature. I couldn't imagine one surviving in a pond unless extreme care was taken and they were brought inside for the winter. While I hear celestials and a few other breeds are almost as hardy as commons(and if they are slim bodied they may be almost as good at avoiding birds) these ones certainly are not. If you have frequent bird visitors to your pond and want fancy goldfish you must find a way to deter them from visiting. Otherwise it will get to the point where only common goldfish are around and all the comets and of course anything more fancy got picked off.
plus all kinds of smaller containers
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: