Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Angel Koi?
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Gir
Members

PostPosted: 2006.06.04(Sun)17:27    Post subject: Angel Koi? Reply with quote

My best freind loves Koi and goldfish. And he always telling me about the angel koi, and how great they look. but I never heard of them, Is there such a thing? and do they look great?
grapeape
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.06.04(Sun)18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

could they be talking about butterfly koi or the koi angel. the butterfly koi is a long finned koi while the koi angel is a angelfish with "koi" coloring.
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.06.06(Tue)12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never herd of those. But like Grapeape said, he was probably referring to butterfly koi.

krt
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.01.18(Fri)23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is way late but-
I've seen the agelfish with koi markings... very beautiful they seemed to be larger than regular angelfish also wider and their scales were incredible.. they could definately be some type of hybrid.. wish I had a pic to post but I saw them over 2 years ago.. would love to get a few, your friend is lucky
Jason L
Advisors

PostPosted: 2008.02.06(Wed)21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've seen the agelfish with koi markings... very beautiful they seemed to be larger than regular angelfish also wider and their scales were incredible.. they could definately be some type of hybrid..

do you mean this? This is a Koi Angel from my 75G. I can assure you that it is no hybrid, nor are they hard to find. If you look on www.aquabid.com you can find them for pretty cheap. The Koi angel is the same size as any P. Scalare.

krt
Regulars

PostPosted: 2008.02.06(Wed)21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the pic-

The fish I saw was similar but had white opaque scales -not the shimmery semi transparent scales that the fish in your pic has. it also had a wider body than I've seen on an angel before... the markings were better defined too.

I've seen plenty of variations of these markings and plenty of angelfish.. the fish I'm describing was definately something different. -If they were P. Scalare.. they were the most exceptional ones EVER and the breeder should be famous for his ability to match angels so well as to get this strain. from what I can remember they were about 7" in hieght and cost around $70 -which is the only reason I don't have them now.
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: