Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
A. lineatus (Golden Wonder Killies) help!
 Forum Index > Killifishes and Killi Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
edwardorino
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.05.30(Tue)13:14    Post subject: A. lineatus (Golden Wonder Killies) help! Reply with quote

I have a male Golden Wonder in a community tank. Do they prefer to be paired up with a female? I've heard that female A. lineatus can be agressive towards their own female kind, so I didn't want to get a harem (plus tank constraints wouldn't allow for it). Any help and or advice on these wonderful little killifish is aprreciated (pun unintended).
Maura
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.05.30(Tue)13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

WONDERful, ha ha, maybe I'm tired but it took me a few seconds to get the pun.

I've kept a male singly and with a female, and I didn't notice much difference in behavior or coloration between the two scenarios. I've never kept more than one female killi in the same tank, so I can't really comment on that part.

I think with killies the important thing is to have plenty of tall or floating plants for them to hang out in, and live food whenever possible (mine were great at keeping the tanks clear of livebearer fry, and I also fed blackworms pretty regularly). The other VERY important thing to remember is that they are jumpers. I don't keep them anymore because I have a bad habit of leaving hte lid open on my tanks, and despite great water quality and plenty of room, all jumped eventually. You haven't been grossed out until you have stepped on a post-suicide killi with bare feet. Shocked
edwardorino
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.05.30(Tue)13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! My tank is pretty well planted, and I have some floating plants too. I'm leaning towards getting him a female, so we'll see how that goes.
 Forum Index > Killifishes and Killi Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: