Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hoping to set up a saltwater tank LOTS of questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
debs
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.06.07(Wed)14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Got my tank - bought 2nd hand set up - 36" x 12 x 20" with stand and cabinet. comes with external filter Hydor Prime 30 (with only floss and carbon in it) Deltc MC500 skimmer, RO Unit, 30kg live rock, coral sand, refractometer, testing kits, salt, powerhead. 1 percula clown, 2 hermit crabs and another crab. getting it delivered tomorrow night!!! Got the lot for
debs
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.06.09(Fri)14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have set the tank up - seller kindly delivered to me with about 25% of the mature water. Have now after 2 nights finally made enough RO water to fill! everything seems to be working fine and the clown seems lively enough. Little growths and critters appearing from rock! Worm like creatures that kind of look like a grey caterpillar are coming in and out and little coral like things are appearing too. I am going to make sure everything stable before adding any fish. There is 2 hermit crabs in there and 2 snails. My lights are coming on monday. Any advice?
debs
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.06.09(Fri)16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

just tested my water pH 8.2 Nitrite 0 Ammonia 0 Nitrate 80
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: