Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My Black Moor...
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Rosella
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.05.20(Sat)23:37    Post subject: My Black Moor... Reply with quote

has one big eye....at first I thought it was popeye, did the meds and water changes, everything is good there but no change in the size of the eye. It's not red or infected, he's eating fine and acting normal, I read somewhere that they can develope their telescopic eyes one at a time, is that true? When we got him he didn't have the bulging eyes yet so I'm wondering if that's what it is. I'll try to get a piccie of him tomorrow, he's fiesty tho so might not get one lol

Thanks in advance for any help
Rosella
6 guppy's
1 angel fish
1 head light tail light
3 tetra's
1 albino catfish
Devs
Members

PostPosted: 2006.05.21(Sun)4:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I have a Moor named Mambo,who has one eye much bigger than her other.As far as I've heard,that is quite common with Telescope fish.If you got him when he was really young,chances are that his eyes were still growing out.
If the eye has Popeye,it would have a big circle around it and make it look like a Donut.
Rosella
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.05.21(Sun)7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

His big eye looks perfectly normal, except that it's bigger than the other but no white around it at all. He/she is a lot smaller than the other goldfish in the tank with it so maybe he is still a baby. Thank you for replying...and for easing my mind Very Happy

Have a great day
Rosella
6 guppy's
1 angel fish
1 head light tail light
3 tetra's
1 albino catfish
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.05.21(Sun)9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure when the "eye-growing" occurs but I think it happens very young. So it's probably a fault, which is ironic since in nature all telescopic eyes are considered a fault Laughing
Rosella
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.05.21(Sun)23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm interesting, when we got it he/she was the smallest of the goldfish at our LFS and both eyes hadn't developed yet, we've had him/her for a few weeks now and it's eye only got bigger recently. I check everyday to see if the other is growing to but nothing so far. If it is a "fault" then I'll take that over popeye any day....just makes our baby that much more special Very Happy he/she is a complete joy and we love it to bits odd sized eyes and all lol We also have a celestial eye and 2 bubble eye's in there with it and one of the bubble eye had gotten stuck on the filter at the LFS and it popped, we felt sorry for it took it home, nursed it back to health, it has one bubble bigger than the other but it's gorgeous just the same, glad we took it home Very Happy Anyway, thanks for your help with eye question, my daughter is less stressed about her baby now Wink

Rosella
6 guppy's
1 angel fish
1 head light tail light
3 tetra's
1 albino catfish
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.06.01(Thu)5:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If it is a "fault" then I'll take that over popeye any day....

I totally agree Smile
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: