Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Using Grout in aquariums?
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Ganoderma
Members

PostPosted: 2006.03.29(Wed)2:52    Post subject: Using Grout in aquariums? Reply with quote

Havn't found much on it. I have used it quite a lot in reptile enclosures but thoguth it would be nice in a fish tank. Can it work, or are tehre any worries of chemicals? I sealed it with the reptile enclosures but I'm not sure that I can seal it with the same stuff being underwater.

If not are there any similar products that can be used with fish? preferably without sealing (I want plants to stick to it easily)?

thanks or any feedback.
fish man
Members

PostPosted: 2006.04.02(Sun)12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

not shour if u can use it in aquariums.

just wondering, what kinds of things did u use it for with reptiles because I'm getting into reptiles now and id like to get some ideas.
10gallon plated guppie tank
Ganoderma
Members

PostPosted: 2006.04.04(Tue)6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

waterfalls, caves, backgrounds, floors, planters etc. I used it when I wanted to maek a landscape viv to be able to have a pond, planter "mountain" etc. its nice caus eyou can have all teh tubing for air, waterchange, drainage or input all doen for you. and its cheap。  its not water PROOF though.

edit: I should also mention its OK on large scale too, although it can get expensive if using a lot. The zoo I worked at used it for everythign from large waterfalls and palnts/rocks in tehir bird cages to fake trees and ponds in the lemur cages. they even made fake vine doors into the cage swith it, using rebar and grout. its, in a way, like concrete but easier to work with. Now that I think about it they had a tortoise/lemur cage with a cichlid pond on it using grout, but I cannot remember what tehy sealed it with. anyoen have any ideas aside form fiberglass resins?
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: