Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Breeding Brine Shrimp
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Its Parti Time
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.03.21(Tue)16:31    Post subject: Breeding Brine Shrimp Reply with quote

Well since I got my bumble bee gobies I've been feeding them brine shrimp, but is there any way to breed them so I don't have to use my money. Also if there is another live food I can brteed and feed them please list it, Thanks =)
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.03.22(Wed)8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only aware of being able to hatch them from eggs. The equipment can usually be had from aquarium left overs and house hold items. As far as breeding, I'm only aware of large scale breeder/manufactures doing so.

See also: Sea Monkey's Wink
Its Parti Time
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.03.22(Wed)13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I breed sea monkeys, how much are they?
Doosharm
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.03.22(Wed)23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to figure out the same thing. Recently I bought a package of eggs and was looking into hatching them out. Then I went to one of my LFSs and saw a 20g tall full of the things. I figured I could probably do the same thing and just breed them insted of having to buy eggs over and over again. However, I didn't think to ask them at the store and when I came home I found most of the online explanations to be a little bit daunting. Next time I got into that LFS I'm going to see if they can explain it to me in simple terms.

Anyway, I think this is along the lines of what you're looking for http://www.ee.pdx.edu/~davidr/discus/articles/artemia.html. It gets a little confusing for me but maybe you can figure it out. Good luck.

Dave
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: