Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
killifish
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Killifishes and Killi Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Nate&Meg
Members

PostPosted: 2006.03.21(Tue)23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 2m and 2f Golden Wonders and they got pretty nasty at times.
The one male harased the other till he died and one female jumped outta the tank behind my back when I was feeding.
Right now He just bugs the lone female, and I don't think she is going to last to much longer. The male seems to stand up to every other fish in the tank except the African Butterfly Fish. Even though they are the same size right now. And he is fairly agressive at feeding time as well, even with the Africans.
leslie ferguson
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.03.22(Wed)1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about F. gardneri Masaje. I got them back on the 15th Feburary and added them to water on the 5th of this month. When I got them One of the guys on A.K.A. told me not to feed them flke food as it would block there stomck passage causing them to dyi. They eat and eat it and it swoles in there belly causing blockage of the intestins. I was also told to not put them in fast current as they where from ponds and slowmoving streams and fast current would kill themas well.
So I guess I should of said that they will eat the flake food til they dyi from overetting it. HUH? sorry about that my bad. Now my Blue Gularis want touch flake food at all. Never have and there going on 6 months old now { also hatched from eggs. } Are I should have said don't feed killi's flake food as they don't do well on it. HUh? again sorry. My bad lessoned lreaned. Open month inshurt foot right?
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.03.22(Wed)23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...never heard flakefood will kill Fp. gardneri 'Misaje'(in that case...my fish would be long dead already since I feed them that a lot). It seems live foods you'd be more likely to have the problem with overeating with live foods since these guys don't take flake food with half as much gusto(many hobbyists report that feeding blackworms too much is bad and can cause bloat). From what I've heard flake foods are fine for fish that will eat them. Main problem for some killies may be that the flakes don't provide adequate nutrition or that they don't like how they taste.

I wouldn't consider Fp. gardneri 'Misaje' the normal killifish but it is indeed quite commonly kept by beginners.
plus all kinds of smaller containers
leslie ferguson
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.03.23(Thu)5:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

They where a trade of for some money a guy owned me for some Apisto's I sold him and his mom dyied so I took them in trade for the money. Just to help him out. But on a site I go to D.K.A. dallas killi fish assation. The guy's have told me that most all kili fish grow faster then must fry. Whitch I've found to be ture. Big time!! LOL The higher the protin in the food the better off they'll be in the long run.
 Forum Index > Killifishes and Killi Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: