Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Filter suggestions
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
OscarSam
Members

PostPosted: 2006.02.26(Sun)21:06    Post subject: Filter suggestions Reply with quote

If you were going to keep 2 feeder goldfish in a 33 gallon tank longterm what would your suggestion be for a filter be?
piranha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.26(Sun)21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 2 comets in a 30 gallon with a penguin 170.It was a Big mistake. Get a cannister.The bioload with goldfish is too great.
Devs
Members

PostPosted: 2006.02.26(Sun)22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Hi, A recommended filter would be something that at least filter's 10 X's the size of your tank a 33 gal. would need at least a filter that has 330 gph(gallons per hour).Commons are great swimmer's,get awful large,and have mass amounts of waste,so I would go quite a lot bigger myself. The least I would do is an Emperor 400,or an Aquaclear 110(the old 500).I'd probably keep two on there myself.Of course,if you have the money,then I would definately look into the Cannister's.They're kind of pricey,but are great for waste producer's like Goldies. Smile
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.03.01(Wed)7:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my tanks that size I use a Cascade 300 (but you could get away with a 200, add more bio media) and a power head connected to a UGJ or just plane. If you don't mind paying for canister then that
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: