Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Picture taking digital cameras..
 Forum Index > Ads and Links  Reply to topic   Post new topic
JayJay65
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.21(Tue)11:12    Post subject: Picture taking digital cameras.. Reply with quote

Does anybody know of sites were they sell cameras (ill look throught them).. I want to get a digital camera for taking pictures of my tank and the fish..

Just send me a link and ill look through the site.. I want a store site.. thanks!

http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=29952
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AlainnIasg
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.21(Tue)11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, there are so many that you could go to. I find the best variety of cameras to shop for at: www.bestbuy.com They have hundreds of good cameras of different sizes and MPs. There is also, www.amazon.com....this is good to shop for the cheaper versions after you've figured out which camera you want to get. To compare prices, check out www.overstock.com , that way you can see what is your best bet. I always find that www.walmart.com and www.bestbuy.com are the same in prices, really it's all about if you want to pay for shipping or if you can just go to the store and pick it up there. I got my Kodak EasyShare 5 MP at Bestbuy and I love it. They'll even approve you for a credit card right there in the store if you need it to buy the camera the same day. Have fun, and let me know what you get! Very Happy
JayJay65
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.21(Tue)11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for around 50$, with an LCD screen.. I want a decent # of photos, (I'm willing to compramise on next rule) and hopefully chargable (no AA batteries)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AlainnIasg
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.21(Tue)20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get just about any camera and just get a large enough memory stick for the picture space, that's not a problem. You would probably want something with good focus upclose, so, as a test, it may be better to do the shopping part IN a store and do the price comparing and buying online for cheaper prices after you've found what you want. $50 is a short leash, but if that's all you'll be doing, it shouldn't be TOO hard. Watch out for those sales adds that come in the Sunday newspapers. Sometimes they have good deals at Target or WalMart or other stores for digital cameras.

Here is a Vivitar: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/tech-data/B00080Q632/ref=dp_nav_1/103-6663491-0537436?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=502394&s=photo

Here is a Spectra: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/tech-data/B0002MH1EE/ref=dp_nav_0/103-6663491-0537436?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=502394&s=photo

Here is a Toshiba: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004TBDY/sr=1-81/qid=1140574696/ref=sr_1_81/103-6663491-0537436?%5Fencoding=UTF8

The Toshiba has a greater MP grade, runs on batteries and in your price range. Before buying, it you may want to see about looking at it in person. Hope that helps Exclamation
JayJay65
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.22(Wed)10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you really trust Amazon.com??? (I usually NEVER buy off of sites)

AlainnIasg
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.22(Wed)12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only do I trust buying online through Amazon.com, but I am also a seller of a lot of used books through them. It's really easy to buy online, and they are a secured site. It will show who you're REALLY buying from on the item page. Amazon.com is major company that provides massive lists for other companies like Petco, Target, ToysRus... ect. If you feel uncomfortable about buying online, try going to your local Wal-mart or Target and see if your camera is there. I don't know what I would do without the ability to order things online. I live in the boonies, and the nearest major pet store, mall, book and hardware store is over an hour away. Working full time and being a student part time, doesn't leave me with much driving time.
JayJay65
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.22(Wed)12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

is

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004TBDY/sr=1-81/qid=1140574696/ref=sr_1_81/103-6663491-0537436?%5Fencoding=UTF8

really worth 40$? will it be good for picture taking of fishtanks?

AlainnIasg
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.02.22(Wed)14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, this camera would serve your purpose. You aren't planning to take photos so far away that you'll need to zoom in too much, and you won't need the extra mega pixels like all the other heavy duty cameras have. Focus is a big issue with a lot of digital cameras, and to be honest, I wouldn't purchase that I was going to spend more than $75.00 on online. Not because I don't trust the internet, but because I want to know what I'm getting. If I KNEW that this camera was what I wanted and I had looked at all the others, compared, blah blah, then I would certainly buy it online. This is probably your best bet, but notice the other negative mentions about this camera's manual and battery life. If those aren't problems for you, then this camera should be fine. However, I really can't tell you if this little amount of MPs will be OK for your close up photos you're likely to be taking. I know I'm contradicting myself, I'm just trying to make sure you don't purchase something without testing it first, then be disappointed in it.
 Forum Index > Ads and Links All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: