Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
colorfull fish for the top an mid. levels of my 44 gallon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species  Reply to topic   Post new topic
coryfan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.03.08(Wed)20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pearl danios look neat when they venture to the bottom of the tank. Depending on your lighting, when they go lower you can see its neat neon orange stripe color.
BradB
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.03.08(Wed)21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto: Dwarf Praecox rainbows would be a good choice! Very Happy
stevep
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.03.27(Mon)5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen many of you offering the suggestion of neon dwarf rainbowfish vs. gourami. My question is, how compatible are the two. I have a gold (12cm)and a pearl (9cm) gourami, both female who will be moved soon to a new 143.5L tank. There are also tiger barbs in the group. I would like to add a small shoal of neon dwarf rainbows or perhaps a single feamle moonlight gourami. Both are beautiful fish, but completely different.

Please don't post regarding the compatability of gourami's and tigers. I've had these together for over 2 years and have no problems with fin nipping.

Onto another species, I've also considered harlequin raspboras. I think they may not be aggressive enough for my tank, but let me know what you think. Thanks.
BradB
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.03.27(Mon)7:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a very large blue gourami and an opaline gourami in the same tank as the rainbowfish and have not had a single problem yet!
stevep
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.03.27(Mon)10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brad. How long have they been stocked together?
Ganoderma
Members

PostPosted: 2006.03.28(Tue)2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about angelfish and dwarf neon rainbows. I have 5 rainbows in my tank now and want to add a pair of angels. the rainbows are very beautifull fish and a nice middle/top active fish. I call them senior danios caus ethey act jsut like a senior citizen danio. I love them, and have considered setting up the next tank as them as my focus and have a good size group.
snowdrift2001
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.03.28(Tue)21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently picked up 6 pearl danios and they are very cool fish. In the shadows they look blue but when they swim under the light they have a neon orange/pink line running down the center.

I had them eating from my hand on the first day I had them and they even try to nibble my finger tips. They are very fast swimmers and the tank must be covered well. I found one on the floor this afternoon and when I plopped it back into the tank it shook off the dust that was all over it and resumed swimming with the rest of the group.
koolguyal
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.11(Thu)8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ganoderma, I have researched a lot about Angels and Rainbowfish and from what I understand there should not be a problem with keeping them together.

Angels do eat the smaller fish at times but from what I have read neon rainbowfish are big enough and would not end up being a meal for Angels.

I might be keeping 6 neons (2 m 4 f, the like to be in that ratio) or 3 Boeseman's Rainbowfish with my 2 Agnels.

Good luck!
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: