Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
purchasing fish on the internet
 Forum Index > Ads and Links  Reply to topic   Post new topic
gmwilsonuk
Members

PostPosted: 2006.01.29(Sun)14:22    Post subject: purchasing fish on the internet Reply with quote

I've been looking to buy a few fish that are not available in my area and I am not able to travel to pickup due to work, so have thought of purchasing some on the internet.

The question is:- how safe is this method? I'd like to know what sort of packaging is used and so forth.
I'm not a fan of receiving live beings through the post but have come to a point where I may have to Crying or Very sad . I want to know in detail how this is done so I can be at ease knowing they have done everything possible to keep the fish alive! Very Happy

thanks! Wink
AlainnIasg
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.01.29(Sun)16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wondered the same thing myself. I'm new to owning fish, and live in a small one pet shop town, which limits my choices of fish. I would assume that looking at the history and responses to the seller. For instance, if you're buying through a seller on eBay, look at their history and what others have thought. People who sell fish online should know how to package them correctly: I.e. heat/cooling packs and promptness. Let me know what happens if you do end up buying online.
Jazzsprstr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.01.29(Sun)19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a great site to try www.liveaquaria.com They are expensive, but shipping a fish is costy. I almost bought a YoYo Loach from them but finally found one locally and bought him. I have no real experience here, but I would buy from them if I couldn't find a fish I wanted.
 Forum Index > Ads and Links All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: